Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac - All my Reminders have gone

I am using MacOs 10.14.5 and all my reminders have gone.

I have MacOS Catalina Beta installed on a seperate testing partition and my Reminders are there. But they don't appear on my main partition.

Is there anyway I can get them back?

I don't have any iOs devices. And when I go to iCloud via the web, it just says Reminders coming soon. I tried restoring Reminders via iCloud on the web, but after the restore, they still aren't present on 10.14.5

Any ideas? Thanks!

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 2:37 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 16, 2019 3:46 AM in response to big_smile

I have the same problem.

I have a Time Machine backup,

Could anyone point me to where all the reminders are set?

I restored ~/Library/Reminders, the names appear on the list, but the reminders themselves are going away, even when I turn off iCloud and the internet itself. It looks like the data itself is in another folder, do you know which?

This is very important!

Kind Regards

Jul 19, 2019 5:18 AM in response to big_smile

What I did is to install the whole OS from Time Machine before the time my reminders are gone. I didn’t permit any internet connection so it shouldn’t sync iCloud. The I installed Little Snitch with the option to deny any internet connection to iCloud and Apple ID. I installed TeamViewer and connected to a PC with active Reminders sync to the iCloud and started copying my reminders throw TeamViewer. When finished I would have an iCloud synced reminders with all of them again. If you have Time Machine try that process. Remember, don’t give internet connection to any iCloud syncing services to the machine, otherwise they would be wiped out. By using TeamViewer to another machine you’ll basically recreate your Reminders from a non-syncing machine to a machine with syncing.

Hope that helps!

Jul 19, 2019 6:34 AM in response to big_smile

Solution:

Go to https://www.icloud.com/#settings

You can then select to restore Reminders. Restore back to the earliest date available and it will work again (Although you can no longer access them on iCloud).

This will also cause Calendars to be restored, so before restoring, either back up your calendars. You can also install a Google account on your Mac (Go to System Preferences > Accounts and enter your Google details) and copy your calendar events to the Google Account, which will keep them backed up.

Mac - All my Reminders have gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.