Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Air UK Plug

Good day, if I order the iPad air 3rd generation in the UK it will come with the UK plug, can I just change the connector to the US plug when I am in the US?

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 4:50 PM

It should be fine as long as you swap the "duckhead" plug adapter. It's a modular piece that slides out/in and the power adapter itself is a universal 100-240V AC device.

Apple sells the worldwide adapter kit, but you might be able to find the US two bladed head. I much prefer those because the blades fold in for storage. I haven't seen just the US plug head on sale officially by Apple, but I'm sure you can ask around. There are various sources for genuine used versions. They haven't really changed this plug in 18 years and all are compatible.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2019 4:50 PM in response to Heusen77

It should be fine as long as you swap the "duckhead" plug adapter. It's a modular piece that slides out/in and the power adapter itself is a universal 100-240V AC device.

Apple sells the worldwide adapter kit, but you might be able to find the US two bladed head. I much prefer those because the blades fold in for storage. I haven't seen just the US plug head on sale officially by Apple, but I'm sure you can ask around. There are various sources for genuine used versions. They haven't really changed this plug in 18 years and all are compatible.

Ipad Air UK Plug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.