Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My workout minutes don’t go into my exercise ring

When I do a workout when I finish my minutes don’t get added to my exercise ring. Is this normal? Is there a setting i need to change for this?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 10:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 12:50 AM

The Apple Watch will not necessarily credit all workout minutes as exercise. It will count only the workout minutes, that are briskly and energetic enough, see: Track daily activity with Apple Watch - Apple Support

The green Exercise ring shows how many minutes of brisk activity you’ve done.

The Watch is taking your level of fitness into account. Be sure to calibrate the watch and enter all personal data for the best Activity results, see: Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

There is one exception. If you are using an "Other" workout, all workout minutes will count as an exercise minute, no questions asked.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2019 12:50 AM in response to loulouli15

The Apple Watch will not necessarily credit all workout minutes as exercise. It will count only the workout minutes, that are briskly and energetic enough, see: Track daily activity with Apple Watch - Apple Support

The green Exercise ring shows how many minutes of brisk activity you’ve done.

The Watch is taking your level of fitness into account. Be sure to calibrate the watch and enter all personal data for the best Activity results, see: Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

There is one exception. If you are using an "Other" workout, all workout minutes will count as an exercise minute, no questions asked.

My workout minutes don’t go into my exercise ring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.