Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification error, failed to connect to the Apple id server

I used an i phone 5 s, and then bought an I phone 6 plus, i am trying to reset the i phone 5 s to use as a new phone, but i cannot remeber my Apple id i used on the I phone 5 s, it wont let me continue unless i sign in. I did back up the i phone 5 s yesterday to my computer, and i deleted the i phone i 5 s from my i phone 6 plus. When i sign into my apple id, the i phone 5 s does not show.

I need assistance please, hubby needs to use the i phone 5 s.

Thank you for any assistance. Freda

iPhone 5s

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 5:58 AM

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device

If necessary, If you are the original owner, take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. 

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2019 5:58 AM in response to fredafromdurban

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device

If necessary, If you are the original owner, take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. 

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Verification error, failed to connect to the Apple id server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.