You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Block phone calls except from contacts

The method of using Do Not Disturb except for All Contacts is not the best. When the iPhone goes into lock mode, it seems to block all notifications. What I want is to send all phone calls from anyone NOT in my contacts directly to voice mail.

I've been paying for Hiya Premium call blocking and it was working for a while, and now it seems as if the spoofers have figured out how to get around Hiya. So I cancelled my subscription.

Is there a way to block all calls from non-contacts without disabling all other notifications?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 1:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 2:10 PM

Unfortunately, Do Not Disturb is doing what it is designed to do. Do Not Disturb is designed to be just that, you are not disturbed at all. Setting it for favorites will allow phone calls from favorites, but blocks all other notifications. At this time, there is no other method on the phone to allow all notifications except for calls from non-contacts. You can provide feedback to Apple here, Feedback - iPhone - Apple

The only other thing you can do is to force calls from non-contacts to voicemail manually and then block the number.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 16, 2019 2:10 PM in response to richxyz1

Unfortunately, Do Not Disturb is doing what it is designed to do. Do Not Disturb is designed to be just that, you are not disturbed at all. Setting it for favorites will allow phone calls from favorites, but blocks all other notifications. At this time, there is no other method on the phone to allow all notifications except for calls from non-contacts. You can provide feedback to Apple here, Feedback - iPhone - Apple

The only other thing you can do is to force calls from non-contacts to voicemail manually and then block the number.

Block phone calls except from contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.