Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s loses connection to internet, yet has strong cell signal

My iPhone 6s gsm phone loses connection to the internet after a few minutes of idle time. The cell signal is strong. If I turn on airplane mode, then back off, it connects to internet.

It has had no problem while using WiFi. Thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 2:46 PM

Cellular data is a carrier responsibility. You say that it disconnects after a period of being idle. Seems the reset on the phone is forcing it to reconnect. I would have the carrier check to see if there is something going on that is causing the disconnect. Otherwise, you may wish to go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. Then power the phone off and back on and then test the connection.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2019 2:46 PM in response to Blake

Cellular data is a carrier responsibility. You say that it disconnects after a period of being idle. Seems the reset on the phone is forcing it to reconnect. I would have the carrier check to see if there is something going on that is causing the disconnect. Otherwise, you may wish to go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. Then power the phone off and back on and then test the connection.

iPhone 6s loses connection to internet, yet has strong cell signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.