Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse capability

What wireless mouse is compatible with my MacBook. And what do I need to install it ? An adapter ?

MacBook

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 4:50 PM

There have been a lot of different Macbooks. You have not told us which you have.

Apple wireless mice use Bluetooth and the latest models I believe now go to Bluetooth 5.

If you buy any PC wireless mouse they nearly all use a USB dongle (supplied) which I hate because they clutter up a port. The USB dongle appears to the Mac as if a wired mouse is attached. The Mac has no preference to models so long as they are USB or Bluetooth. If it is Bluetooth you will have to pair it in System Bluetooth Preferences.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2019 4:50 PM in response to Lisaabba31

There have been a lot of different Macbooks. You have not told us which you have.

Apple wireless mice use Bluetooth and the latest models I believe now go to Bluetooth 5.

If you buy any PC wireless mouse they nearly all use a USB dongle (supplied) which I hate because they clutter up a port. The USB dongle appears to the Mac as if a wired mouse is attached. The Mac has no preference to models so long as they are USB or Bluetooth. If it is Bluetooth you will have to pair it in System Bluetooth Preferences.

Mouse capability

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.