Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i skipped the option for restoring the whatsapp backup but i need the backup now

I had an old iPhone 6 and i created a backup for the whatsapp chats from that phone then i moved the SIM card to iphone 5 as a temp device before purchasing a new phone

i needed the whatsapp so I downloaded it on iphone 5 but I pressed on skip the restore option but i signed out directly after sending one message

when I bought my new iphone xs, i moved the SIM to it and when I downloaded the whatsapp on it , I cannot find the backup, it says no backup found and i have to skip the restore option only

now i need the backup

did the whatsapp app deleted the backup because I refused to restore it one time

this is not fair. What is if anyone pressed skip by fault , he cannot access his backup copy again?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 10:43 AM

This may help you.

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/iphone/20888066

1 reply

i skipped the option for restoring the whatsapp backup but i need the backup now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.