Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't make FaceTime calls but I can receive them

I have just updated my MacBook Pro to macOS Mojave and I can't make FaceTime calls but I can receive them so clearly my microphone and camera are working. I just can't make out going calls audio or video!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 11:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 9:53 AM

If your camera or microphone doesn’t work

One of these solutions might help:

• Quit FaceTime, then open FaceTime again. 
  • Restart your Mac (Apple menu > Restart).
  • Make sure that FaceTime isn't open, then see if your camera works in another application, such as Photo Booth. If it doesn't, you know that the issue isn't related to FaceTime.
  • If you have multiple cameras or microphones connected to your Mac, check the Video menu in the FaceTime menu bar to make sure that you have the correct camera and microphone selected.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2019 9:53 AM in response to Samedhika

If your camera or microphone doesn’t work

One of these solutions might help:

• Quit FaceTime, then open FaceTime again. 
  • Restart your Mac (Apple menu > Restart).
  • Make sure that FaceTime isn't open, then see if your camera works in another application, such as Photo Booth. If it doesn't, you know that the issue isn't related to FaceTime.
  • If you have multiple cameras or microphones connected to your Mac, check the Video menu in the FaceTime menu bar to make sure that you have the correct camera and microphone selected.

I can't make FaceTime calls but I can receive them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.