You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone stuck in restoring iCloud

Upon opening my new phone, there had been an option to restore iCloud or do a manual set up. I then opted to restore my iCloud, but until now it is stuck with the restoring icloud screen. I cannot enter anything yet from the new iphone as i have not really opened it as it was part of the initial options before the actual homescreen. Can you please tell me or help me how am i suppose to handle this kind of scenario? as i am still not able to use my new phone for a day already.

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 12:31 AM

1 reply

Jul 17, 2019 2:22 PM in response to NewIphoneConcern

Hello NewIphoneConcern,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Congratulations on your new iPhone. I understand that your iPhone has been stuck on restoring from iCloud over a day. I’m happy to help.

Please try the steps here in the section titled “If your screen is black or frozen”: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support 

You may have to start the restore from iCloud again. Here’s the steps to restore from iCloud: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support I recommend keeping your iPhone connected to Wi-Fi during the restore. If you still need help, click on the “Get Started” link under the section “Contact Apple Support” in the aformentioned link.

Take care.

New iPhone stuck in restoring iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.