Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Handling attachments in Mail

I am having some difficulty dealing with attachments to e-mails that I receive on Mail. Whether PDFs or Word documents, when I open them and click on the ‘export’ icon (a square with an arrow) the list of options does not include Acrobat or Word (both installed) in the list of ‘Activities’. How can I add apps to the list of activities in order to be able to handle the attachments outside Mail? Many thanks.

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 12:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 9:42 AM

Hello,

When tapping the Action Button (the square with the upward facing arrow), slide all the way to the last icon in the row of applications icons. You will now see a More option. From there you can enable all the supported applications as you wish.

1 reply

Handling attachments in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.