Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turning off vibration for All except calls

How do I make my iPhone only vibrate when I get a call?

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 3:32 AM

Hi,

you can go to Settings->Sounds & Haptics

then find at the bottom, the System Haptics switch.

From there, go to Sounds And Vibration Patterns section. Here you'll see all the stock iOS app notification sounds. For example, you'll see "Text Tone", if you tap it, then see the top item, "Vibration Pattern". Tap that menu and you can select "None" as your option.

For other apps (I.e. Facebook), you can go to Settings->Notifications->Facebook, then turn off the "Sounds" item. Now you won't receive Sounds or vibrations for that app. If you still want the sounds, some apps allow you to customize the alert functions within their specific app but not all do.

There is another way to completely disable haptics/vibrations inside of General->Accessibility if you look in the interactions section toward the bottom.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2019 3:32 AM in response to Mysterious771

Hi,

you can go to Settings->Sounds & Haptics

then find at the bottom, the System Haptics switch.

From there, go to Sounds And Vibration Patterns section. Here you'll see all the stock iOS app notification sounds. For example, you'll see "Text Tone", if you tap it, then see the top item, "Vibration Pattern". Tap that menu and you can select "None" as your option.

For other apps (I.e. Facebook), you can go to Settings->Notifications->Facebook, then turn off the "Sounds" item. Now you won't receive Sounds or vibrations for that app. If you still want the sounds, some apps allow you to customize the alert functions within their specific app but not all do.

There is another way to completely disable haptics/vibrations inside of General->Accessibility if you look in the interactions section toward the bottom.

Turning off vibration for All except calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.