Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An album I have previously downloaded will not play: "The item you've requested is not currently available in Apple Music in the United States."

There is an album in my Library that I have previously downloaded to MacBook Pro and iPhone. Recently, the tracks on the album were dropped from playlists, and the Album will not play.

Why does this happen?

How can I retrieve the album?

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 8:43 AM

Tracks on an older playlist may have been edited (possibly only the meta data or lyrics text) to a new version on Apple Music, thereby invalidating the old version. You can delete the old track from the list and add the new version from Search to update your playlist.

Tracks that were once available, may have been retracted by the artist or their record company, temporarily or permanently, for all regions or for selected regions. The availability of tracks can change over time.

Source: Song not available in your country or reg… - Apple Community

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2019 8:43 AM in response to PlayGod

Tracks on an older playlist may have been edited (possibly only the meta data or lyrics text) to a new version on Apple Music, thereby invalidating the old version. You can delete the old track from the list and add the new version from Search to update your playlist.

Tracks that were once available, may have been retracted by the artist or their record company, temporarily or permanently, for all regions or for selected regions. The availability of tracks can change over time.

Source: Song not available in your country or reg… - Apple Community

An album I have previously downloaded will not play: "The item you've requested is not currently available in Apple Music in the United States."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.