Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All music downloaded on Apple Music gone.

So I logged out of my current iTunes, logged into an old one and then re-logged into my current one. When I looked on Apple Music, all my downloaded music was gone. Is there anyway I can get my previous music back or do I have to start off from scratch?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 11:37 AM

Get help with iCloud Music Library - Apple Support

• If you can’t see iCloud Music Library on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

First, restart your iOS device

If you still can't see it after the restart:

1. Turn off iCloud Music Library and then turn it back on.
  2. Sign out of the iTunes Store and then sign back in.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2019 11:37 AM in response to eace

Get help with iCloud Music Library - Apple Support

• If you can’t see iCloud Music Library on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

First, restart your iOS device

If you still can't see it after the restart:

1. Turn off iCloud Music Library and then turn it back on.
  2. Sign out of the iTunes Store and then sign back in.

Jul 17, 2019 12:17 PM in response to eace

You’re welcome.

Switching accounts back and forth can cause even more trouble, regarding associated devices, so you may not want to do that if you don’t intent the switch to be (semi) permanent.

About associated devices - Apple Support (last paragraph)

“When you try to associate another Apple ID with a device that was already associated, you might see a message that says, "This device is associated with another Apple ID. You cannot associate this device with another Apple ID for [number] days." Depending on when you associated your device with your Apple ID, you might need to wait up to 90 days to associate the device with another Apple ID.”

All music downloaded on Apple Music gone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.