Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Couldn't activate my ipad

It was working and suddenly it stopped and wrote activation required.

and i said okey then always refused and wrote could not activate

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 4:59 PM

Try this if you own a computer running iTunes.

Connect your iPad to a computer running the latest iTunes.

Force your (still plugged-in) iPad to restart by pressing and holding the power (Sleep/Wake) and Home buttons at the same time.

Keep holding them down until you see the Recovery mode screen. You probably need to keep holding these down for longer than you think.

The screen will go black then after a few seconds, and the Apple logo will appear, but you need to keep holding the buttons for

another 10 seconds or so before the iPad goes into Recovery mode.

You'll be given the option to restore or update in iTunes.

Select Update.

iTunes will now try and attempt to reinstall iOS 9.3.5.

If the update process takes more than 15 minutes, your iPad will exit recovery mode, and you'll need to repeat the

above step.

Some other users here reported seeing the error message again during this process, but says you should ignore it and

wait.

After the update is finished, leave your iPad connected to the computer. You'll now need to complete the activation setup process for your iPad using iTunes.

IF still no joy at this point, leave your iPad connected and force another restart of your iPad as I described earlier in

this reply post.

This time your iPad should ask if you want to restore it.

Once the restore is finished, you will be asked to select whether you want to activate the iPad as a "new" device or if you want to restore it from your last backup.

Selecting the new iPad option will format your iPad so it is like new and restoring it will retrieve your data again.

Best of Luck to You!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2019 4:59 PM in response to roro112

Try this if you own a computer running iTunes.

Connect your iPad to a computer running the latest iTunes.

Force your (still plugged-in) iPad to restart by pressing and holding the power (Sleep/Wake) and Home buttons at the same time.

Keep holding them down until you see the Recovery mode screen. You probably need to keep holding these down for longer than you think.

The screen will go black then after a few seconds, and the Apple logo will appear, but you need to keep holding the buttons for

another 10 seconds or so before the iPad goes into Recovery mode.

You'll be given the option to restore or update in iTunes.

Select Update.

iTunes will now try and attempt to reinstall iOS 9.3.5.

If the update process takes more than 15 minutes, your iPad will exit recovery mode, and you'll need to repeat the

above step.

Some other users here reported seeing the error message again during this process, but says you should ignore it and

wait.

After the update is finished, leave your iPad connected to the computer. You'll now need to complete the activation setup process for your iPad using iTunes.

IF still no joy at this point, leave your iPad connected and force another restart of your iPad as I described earlier in

this reply post.

This time your iPad should ask if you want to restore it.

Once the restore is finished, you will be asked to select whether you want to activate the iPad as a "new" device or if you want to restore it from your last backup.

Selecting the new iPad option will format your iPad so it is like new and restoring it will retrieve your data again.

Best of Luck to You!

Couldn't activate my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.