Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Student Membership

Hello there!

I am currently a member of Apple Music in the UK, paying the full fee.

I have recently enrolled as a student and am looking to take Apple up on its offer to halve my fee for the service.

Am I able to do this by cancelling my current membership and then re-signing up for Apple Music?

I am afraid that if I cancel my current subscription, and am unable to sign up as a student, I will lose my Apple music library.

Thanks!

Will

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 3:57 AM

You don’t have to cancel. You can just change the subscription type, and then the subscription will transition without time gap, and you get to keep your library, playlists, and downloads.

Your eligibility for the student discount will be verified by the UNiDAYS organization.

Get an Apple Music Student subscription - Apple Support

or Manage your Apple Music subscription - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2019 3:57 AM in response to wjcrichards

You don’t have to cancel. You can just change the subscription type, and then the subscription will transition without time gap, and you get to keep your library, playlists, and downloads.

Your eligibility for the student discount will be verified by the UNiDAYS organization.

Get an Apple Music Student subscription - Apple Support

or Manage your Apple Music subscription - Apple Support

Apple Music Student Membership

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.