Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail Spell Checker Spell Checker

Apple Mail spell checker not functioning correctly. When clicking on Spelling & Grammar & then Show spelling & grammar it open in the full screen & does not allow to see the message to make the correction.

Clicking on - Check Document Now does only highlights one phrase & no options.

When using Safari - Edit - Spelling & Grammar -Show Spelling & Grammar it functions proper. The problem occurs in Apple Mail.

Cannot understand what has occurred. Appreciate your assistance as fell lost without proper use of Spell Checker.

Thanks

My Equipment:

MacBook Air 13in.

Mojave 10.14.5

Mail App Version 12.4 (3445.104.11)

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 9:00 AM

Hey, musiu.

I see that the Show Spelling & Grammar app opens in full screen instead of allowing you to see the message you're writing. I'm glad to help.

Use apps in full screen on Mac -- This article provides the information and steps that you need when a window opens in full screen. To step using it in full screen, follow step 3 in this article.

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2019 9:00 AM in response to musiu

Hey, musiu.

I see that the Show Spelling & Grammar app opens in full screen instead of allowing you to see the message you're writing. I'm glad to help.

Use apps in full screen on Mac -- This article provides the information and steps that you need when a window opens in full screen. To step using it in full screen, follow step 3 in this article.

Take care.

Apple Mail Spell Checker Spell Checker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.