Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final cut and upgrading to High Sierra

I've just up graded to High Sierra 10.13.6 from Yosemite. Now Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3 will no long launch in the normal way.

I've found a work round the problem on the internet, which means if I open the App package in Finder and go directly to the programme file, it will start up via terminal.

This proves this version of Final Cut will run on High Sierra.

Is there any way of fixing this issue properly? There are no updates available directly on the App store

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 1:08 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 19, 2019 1:31 AM in response to MIke0bd

The proper solution is to update FCP X.

You need to go to the App Store and log in with the id used to purchase.

Before you do that you should make sure to backup your existing version of FCP X and your libraries.

If you are properly logged in to the App Store and don’t see FCP X in the update section, quit the App Store, drag the application to the trash, then ho back and download it from your purchase list. You don’t have to pay anything.

Jul 19, 2019 2:38 AM in response to MIke0bd

1) Make a zip of the version you have: control-click the application in the Finder and choose Compress Final Cut Pro.

Now you have a copy that you can keep

For additional safety copy it to a separate drive. That is what I meant when I wrote “make a backup”.

2) Drag the original to the trash. You don’t have to empty it! So you can if necessary put it back.

This step is necessary because we need the App Store to NOT see FCP X in order to be able to download a new copy.

Final cut and upgrading to High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.