Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DO NOT DISTURB

Does anyone ever try to use ‘DO NOT DISTURB’ to try to block SPAM, ROBO, PHISHING Calls ? I have successfully used it for a few months but have things not work like notifications from text from my wife. Worked for a while but I would always have to go through the steps of 1.) hit calls, 2.)recent, 3.) select the number, 4.) scroll to bottom, 5.) select Block, 6.) select Block again. 7.) go back every 3-4 hours was a nuisance.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 7:42 AM

That's not the purpose of DND. There are apps specifically intended to block these calls. Most cellular providers offer blocking apps, and there are 3rd party apps that are very effective, nomorobo being at the top of the list. Between the AT&T Call Protect app and nomorobo my spam calls have become manageable. And Nomorobo is also available on my landline.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2019 7:42 AM in response to Lkhubble2

That's not the purpose of DND. There are apps specifically intended to block these calls. Most cellular providers offer blocking apps, and there are 3rd party apps that are very effective, nomorobo being at the top of the list. Between the AT&T Call Protect app and nomorobo my spam calls have become manageable. And Nomorobo is also available on my landline.

Jul 19, 2019 6:54 AM in response to askbarnabas

With do not disturb on. I select ‘receive calls from - ‘my contact list’ stops spammers. But, allows voice message for important calls from those not in my list. Sometimes with this on, I cannot receive notification of texts. Still receive text but. Does not notify me causing marital riff. Also, the blocked callers need the 8 steps to manually block after they call. They regenerate numbers and call every 3-4 hrs. No ring but message ‘missed call’ and notifications are silenced. Should be option to get text notification.

Jul 19, 2019 10:09 AM in response to Lkhubble2

It already has a vague [ allow calls from ] but does not work. A Scheduling section. A ‘silence Always’ and a ‘ ‘When phone is Locked’. WTH ? I used ‘ Do not disturb for 5 months, allowed voice mess, text, text notifications, nice. Then, I tried to set up where I didn’t have to go through the 8 steps to block a number after I see someone tried to call but left no message. That messed everything up to where I could not get text ‘Notifications’. To block all m still get voicemail would stop problem of blocking urgent calls. You would get a notification saying you have a voicemail. Can we look into something like that?

DO NOT DISTURB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.