Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost numbers

Hi,

I am running an elderly Apple Mac on Version 10.11.6 OS X El Capitan. I have just tried to open numbers and failed. It is no longer there as an icon and when I open applications it's disappeared from there as well. Can anyone help me here? You'll need to be very gentle with me and couch it in simple terms as I'm not hugely computer savvy. Thank you.

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 4:07 PM

Hi min'

HOW did you try to open Numbers?

Have you:

Clicked the 'magnifier' at the right of the menu bar and searched for 'numbers.app'

Located a Numbers document file, right clicked (or control-cliked) on the file name, then chosen Open with…

What appears in the list that opens?

Are you running TimeMachine, or some other backup software?

If so, you may be able to find and restore Numbers using that.

Enter Time Machine, select the Applications folder, and scroll back in time until you see the Numbers icon in the Applications list, Then move forward in time to locate its most recent appearance, select that file, and click Restore.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2019 4:07 PM in response to minihaha

Hi min'

HOW did you try to open Numbers?

Have you:

Clicked the 'magnifier' at the right of the menu bar and searched for 'numbers.app'

Located a Numbers document file, right clicked (or control-cliked) on the file name, then chosen Open with…

What appears in the list that opens?

Are you running TimeMachine, or some other backup software?

If so, you may be able to find and restore Numbers using that.

Enter Time Machine, select the Applications folder, and scroll back in time until you see the Numbers icon in the Applications list, Then move forward in time to locate its most recent appearance, select that file, and click Restore.

Regards,

Barry

Lost numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.