Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic saved a project wrong. Looking for advice

this might be a little convoluted, but your help will be appreciated. I have a bounce that a specific part sounds off from the bounce. Specifically the drums. I have a bounce time stamped at 5:50 and one at 6:05. They sound the same except for a piece I added in the song. I have a session back up at 535 and 605. For some reason the session back up isn’t recalling the bounces exactly. When I open package contents to the whole session I have project data for 535 right there. Shouldn’t it be 605? I looked in the atlrernatives and found the correct project data file for 605. Created then and last modified then. Should I move it or copy it from there and replace the 535 datafile on the the hierarchy folder. I don’t think I didn’t save because how would I have a bounce time stamped for 605 and a save at that time as well. This is not the first time this has happened

MacBook Pro 15", OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 6:29 PM

Similar questions

14 replies

Jul 20, 2019 7:01 AM in response to fuzzfilth

It didn’t stop you from logging on and replying with a pointless post. How do you think I feel Rn. Hard work irreversibly altered. Since Logic Pro x. I’ve encountered all these small but dangerous problems. I’ve done clean Install. I tried to stop using too much third party but it’s still buggy.

not just the bounce, the save is also an issue. It seems as if the daw just didn’t save properly because I’m constantly saving. I usually have like 50 saves for one session alternative, and I set my maximum to 100. I couldn’t wait for a reply so I went ahead and zipped the session and then switched the projectdata 🤷🏽‍♂️ Didn’t help. Looks like logic switches those on its own depending on last opened, regardless of save

Yes the processing of my drums are not the same from the bounce. the two bounces sound identical tho... but none of the session back ups sound like it. Also seems like there are stuff on the master bus that disappeared. I’ve done all the experiments. I bounced it normalized on, off, protection, and still the bounce of 605 and 550 don’t mirror the saves at 535 and 650. I’ve checked older alternatives and I’m using the same exact sample in battery 4

Jul 20, 2019 7:34 AM in response to KennaOkoye

The point of my post, in case you missed it, was that Jaamusic, with perfect elegance, managed to ever so subtly hint at the fact that what from the outside appears like convoluted ramblings does indeed contain a question, in about six words. Now, everyone communicates differently, but trying to get the necessary information across as clear and consise as possible greatly helps in getting the so desperately needed help.

Jul 20, 2019 7:59 AM in response to Iaamusic

i Read about this issue before, and the replies were filled with pointless posts, that offer no help. This a support forum for Logic Pro x is it not? If you cant offer a meaningful response please don’t respond because I’m getting your notifications on my phone thinking it’s a possible solution. Just message each other 🙏🏽

Jul 20, 2019 8:15 AM in response to Iaamusic

I opened on. Both 10.3 and 10.4. On el Capitan and high Sierra. It doesn’t always behave like this but I’ve caught instances where channel eq didn’t save correctly reverting the eq setting to blank when I open a previous saved session. The problem is the eq isn’t blank so I can’t confidently rule that as the problem. Sometimes if you have a send bypassed it tips off the buffer and can cause phase issues for that particular track. I experimented with that to no avail. I checked my system to see if there was any plugins I deleted that are probably not showing up in the session. I couldn’t find any. If I remember correctly, if you delete a plugin logic will inform you that something is missing. I’m guessing it saved wrong. Is there a file that can be rebuilt Incase of this? The reason why I brought up the two sessions is because I added something to the later bounce, which means I saved it before I added something, and the backups agree minus the processing on the drums... almost like they’re pushing into the master way too hard. I backed off. Still doesn’t sound right. On the bounces (mp3) the drums have a lot of weight, and it’s not driving the master.

Jul 20, 2019 8:35 AM in response to KennaOkoye

Sorry Kenna, but what you are writing is really hard to follow. I haven't a clue as to what your problem actually is.

You have a bounce time stamped at (two numbers that look like time? Are they? And do you have one bounce or two? And what does it mean that they are "time stamped at (certain values)?) - no idea what you mean by all of that. And you have a session (what session? Or several sessions?) back up at (more numbers one of which appears to be the same as your earlier mentioned number but no idea if that is so and even if it is, what that means.) - I have no idea what all that is supposed to mean when taken together. Bounces, four different numbers where maybe two are the same numbers, time stamped bounces (what does that mean?)(at a specific point?).

Unfortunately, your opening words are quite correct, although you can leave out the "little".

Someone seems to have gathered from all this that your drums sound different, though it is not clear from what they are different. You also mentioned that you encountered this "issue" before, but there still is no clue as to what the issue actually is.

It seems to me that you may have hit some key commands on your way out of a session and without noticing saved those errors with it. It could also be that there is some softwaregeist in your Mac that alters your Logic sessions, in which case there is not much that can be done about it.

Jul 20, 2019 8:56 AM in response to Eriksimon

my guy thank you for responding. I have two bounces. An earlier one and a later one. They sound Identical because they are.

In the later bounce all I did was unmuted something. First bounce was at 5:50pm and second one was at 6:05pm.

In my backup section. Where you can revert saves. I have a back up at 5:35 and 6:05

for whatever reason the unmute saved, but the drums of both saves are driving into the master and sound different particularly the kick and bass dynamics. It does not sound good! But the bounces do not reflect this. They sound perfect. Am I screwed? I can’t replicate the bounce for my life.

Jul 20, 2019 9:15 AM in response to Eriksimon

Yes exactly. I’m assuming it’s not my error only because channel eq has reset numerous times when opening a session. Sometimes if you hit compare, it actually loads the correct settings if you don’t do anything else before hitting compare. I’ve been at it all night and morning. The closest I can get it sound like the bounce is moving the phase a little bit with little labs phase plugin, but still missing the weight. I am in the process of having of sourcing the mixing, so I want the stems as close to the bounce as possible

Logic saved a project wrong. Looking for advice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.