Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech mouse MX Anywhere 2S stopped working after Mac security update yesterday

Could someone please help me pair this Bluetooth mouse with my Mac again. OS = 10.13.6 High Sierra.

MacBook Pro 13", 10.13

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 11:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 4:20 AM

I found an interesting way how to connect Logitech MX Anywhre 2s again...

Issue: It stoped working and there was strenght behavior when i pressed connection button on mouse. There are 3 position - on first it was just blinking "MX Anywhere 2S" in bluetooth osx panel, on second position it stays visible and on third nothing happens and mouse was not visible on osx control panel. Any of these third posible connection does not connect. It displays "connected" but not working or doesnt connect at all.

How to connect: Firstly delete all older connecitons or reset and remove all devices on BT osx control panel.

Then remember the position of LED light on mouse Bluetooth connection button when you see the mouse in BT control panel (3 possible blinking white LED light ). Switch off the mouse with ON/OFF button. Now it is! - the key to connectect it again - switch on and HOLD down BT connection button on the right position, you remembered before, till you see it in BT osx control panel and pres "connect" in control panel. Then you can release the connection button on mouse. That's it!

Let me know please if it works for you. I had three logitech mouse before and never tried to hold BT button still...

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2019 4:20 AM in response to dakkuumar

I found an interesting way how to connect Logitech MX Anywhre 2s again...

Issue: It stoped working and there was strenght behavior when i pressed connection button on mouse. There are 3 position - on first it was just blinking "MX Anywhere 2S" in bluetooth osx panel, on second position it stays visible and on third nothing happens and mouse was not visible on osx control panel. Any of these third posible connection does not connect. It displays "connected" but not working or doesnt connect at all.

How to connect: Firstly delete all older connecitons or reset and remove all devices on BT osx control panel.

Then remember the position of LED light on mouse Bluetooth connection button when you see the mouse in BT control panel (3 possible blinking white LED light ). Switch off the mouse with ON/OFF button. Now it is! - the key to connectect it again - switch on and HOLD down BT connection button on the right position, you remembered before, till you see it in BT osx control panel and pres "connect" in control panel. Then you can release the connection button on mouse. That's it!

Let me know please if it works for you. I had three logitech mouse before and never tried to hold BT button still...

Jul 24, 2019 11:18 PM in response to dialabrain

Thank you dialabrain! The logitech process does not work for me. The mouse will not connect.

Also logitech does not describe the process in a comprehensive way. It does not say, for example, how the led blinking behavior should change through the process. Sometimes the led blinks fast, sometimes slowly, sometimes not at all, sometimes it stays on.

I kept looking at the bluetooth control panel on my mac. There's an inprocess-wheel that keeps turning, the display keeps showing "not connected". Sometimes it says "connected". Also there are multiple "MX Anywhere 2S" mice that show up on the display when I expect but one.

Something's seriously screwed up in logitech's description.

Thank you nevertheless.

Oct 11, 2019 2:42 AM in response to dakkuumar

I have the same problem.The MX Anywhere 2S stopped working in September. I tried everything without success It was still on warranty so I brought it back to the shop where I bought it here in Phuket, Thailand. After exactly 1 months of waiting I got it back today. I tried to connect it to my mac mini on OS 10.13.6 but no change. I have exactly the same problem, the mouse shows up on the bluetooth window, I click connect and the wheel starts turning, than it says connected and a few seconds later changes to not connected. I used to like Logiteck products but now I am really fed up. There is no help to be found anywhere. Somebody should start blogging about this

Logitech mouse MX Anywhere 2S stopped working after Mac security update yesterday

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.