Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch - Too Many Passcode Attempts - Watch Locked - Power Button Press Not Working - What to Do?

I have an Apple watch, which I forgot the password for.

It is no longer paired with my iPhone as I bought a new watch and deleted the old one.

I attempted the reset via the watch itself, using the a press on the Power button.

I can press and move the Power to off, move the Medical ID and Emergency SOS buttons, but the Power button doesn't respond to the press the way that the reset procedure states, it never gets me the Reset option, it's like the press function is not working on the watch.

Is there something that I am missing here, how do I reset if the Power button is not responding to the press function?

Thank you,

Bruce

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 5:41 AM

Note the exact procedure in If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support and particularly the requirement for charger power, which is probably the step you missed

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 20, 2019 6:13 AM in response to Bruce Howes

If Force Touch is working you should see the screen sort-of shrink inward a little when you deep press the power slider. If not, try pressing a little more firmly. If it shrinks but doesn’t offer the Erase option the problem is that it is not seeing the charger power.

If Force Touch is truly not working and it doesn’t recover after a power-off reboot or Forced Reset, you likely have a hardware problem which needs hands-on inspection by Apple to dig any further.

Apple Watch - Too Many Passcode Attempts - Watch Locked - Power Button Press Not Working - What to Do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.