Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store only opens in Safe Boot. MacOS Mojave 10.14.5, MacBook Air 2014

I can no longer access iTunes Store on my MacBook, unless I use safe boot. My iTunes account works just fine on all other devices (iPad, iPod, iPhone). It just shows a while screen saying iTunes Store and Accessing iTunes Store... and does nothing else. No error codes or messages. I checked the Firewall settings, they are set correctly.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 9:52 AM

10 replies

Jul 21, 2019 7:15 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for the quick reply! I ran Malwarebytes and it detected 2 "threats" but these were old and unlikely to have been associated with the issue having happened in the last 2 weeks. One was related to a safari searchtab.safariextz labeled as ad-ware (don't really install safari extensions but OK) and the other a leftover file from (uninstalled years ago) MacKeeper. Anyways removed both to no effect. Going to try running another scan with BitDefender for redundancy and if this doesn't find anything then I'll try reinstalling macOS. Would be so much easier if Apple just let us download and install iTunes like they used to...relying on software perfection is bad and frankly scary thing.

iTunes Store only opens in Safe Boot. MacOS Mojave 10.14.5, MacBook Air 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.