Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking Unknown Callers

I have searched this forum and have not found a recent answer to this:

How do I block UNKNOWN CALLERS with UNKNOWN numbers?

Or at least automatically refused their calls and tell them to unblock their number and call back. Which is what landline phones are capable of.... why not iPhones?

thank you - I’m hoping there is new info out there!

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 11:06 AM

If you press the side button twice, it will automatically send the call to voicemail. However, most of these calls you are seeing with an unknown number are spam calls, and they are not sending a Caller ID number for a reason. You cannot block a number with no Caller ID. Check with your carrier to see if they can block on their end. Many of the US carriers have that ability.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2019 11:06 AM in response to angeline6073

If you press the side button twice, it will automatically send the call to voicemail. However, most of these calls you are seeing with an unknown number are spam calls, and they are not sending a Caller ID number for a reason. You cannot block a number with no Caller ID. Check with your carrier to see if they can block on their end. Many of the US carriers have that ability.

Blocking Unknown Callers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.