Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have no software updates on Macbook Air but only have OS X Yosemite

Hi,

Any ideas on how I update the software on my early 2014 Macbook Air? Currently have OS X Yosemite. Was advised to update but there seems to be no updates available.

What can I do?

MacBook Air 13", OS X 10.10

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 3:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 4:24 AM

The App Store Updates page only shows updates for the Mac OS you are running at the time. If you want to install a newer version of OS that is called an upgrade and they are never listed in the Updates section.

Your 2014 MacBook Air 2014 can upgrade to Mojave, follow this link.

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

Before you decide to upgrade make a full back up of your Mac. Contact the developers of any third party software you use to see if there are updates available so they will run in Mojave. You will also need to check with the manufacturers of any printers/ scanners etc to see if there are updated drivers and software also.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2019 4:24 AM in response to Emdeex3

The App Store Updates page only shows updates for the Mac OS you are running at the time. If you want to install a newer version of OS that is called an upgrade and they are never listed in the Updates section.

Your 2014 MacBook Air 2014 can upgrade to Mojave, follow this link.

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

Before you decide to upgrade make a full back up of your Mac. Contact the developers of any third party software you use to see if there are updates available so they will run in Mojave. You will also need to check with the manufacturers of any printers/ scanners etc to see if there are updated drivers and software also.

Have no software updates on Macbook Air but only have OS X Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.