Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why cant i add my card to my appleid which was working

Suddenly this morning my applied on my phone asked me to sign into my account which was fine, I did so. However my valid card was coming up as invalid with “payment method declined” as the message. I am almost positive that it’s not a card issue as apple wallet accepted my card just fine and I have been able to make online purchases. I can’t even update apps onto my phone because every time I try to I have to sign in but I can’t complete the sign in without a valid card! Please help

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 3:17 PM

3 replies

Jul 21, 2019 4:15 PM in response to jenifer149

Apple ID payment information - If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue with a previous purchase in the iTunes Store

If necessary, contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option.  You may need to pick a problem that is slightly different than yours to get a chat option.  

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

why cant i add my card to my appleid which was working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.