Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2 daughters have the same Apple ID so they can’t call each other and they get both text. How can I fix this ?

My 2 daughters have the same Apple ID so they can’t call each other and they get both text. How can I fix this ?

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 4:30 PM

You need to get them their own separate Apple ID’s. You can do this for children that are under 13 when you use Family Sharing. I recommend that you set up and use Family Sharing. It will make things much easier now and down the road.

Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

2 replies

Jul 21, 2019 4:32 PM in response to NarronFamily

Give one of them a different Apple ID. Then have their Apple IDs linked to yours using Family Sharing. Two people should NEVER share an Apple ID. It leads to nothing but problems, as you are discovering. See-->Family Sharing - Apple Support. And if they are minors also see-->Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.