Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't log in to appstore

I can't log in to appstore. when i type my appleid and password it does nothing. no error, it does nothing

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 6:55 AM

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later. Please post if this worked or not.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

If it works in the other account, run/post Etrecheck using the above instructions.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2019 6:55 AM in response to Joefury22

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later. Please post if this worked or not.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

If it works in the other account, run/post Etrecheck using the above instructions.

Jul 21, 2019 7:49 PM in response to Joefury22

Device or computer?

If a device, do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device

If necessary

Hard reset

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

Jul 21, 2019 8:48 PM in response to Joefury22

See if you can sign into the AppStore in the Safe Mode.

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

You are entitled to 90 days of telephone support from Apple. Try contacting them.

Apple Support Contact

Work through the screens to get an email or chat option.

Apple Support by e-mail or chat

can't log in to appstore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.