Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch series 1 wont turn on/charge

I have tried EVERYTHING and my Series 1 Apple Watch will not turn on. I made sure the USB cord worked, the wall charger works, and I have tried holding the frown & button for at least a minute. I feel my charger or watch getting warm while “charging” but nothing seems to make it work. Help!!!

Apple Watch Series 1, watchOS 4

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 12:34 AM

3 replies

Jul 23, 2019 4:08 PM in response to angelina107

This happened to my Apple Watch series 1 too. I literally put it in my drawer and stopped using it for about 2-3 months. When I decided to wear it again, I put it on charge but it doesn’t charge at all. All the watch does is get warm when on the charger. At the time I mentioned it to Apple, they said it was just out of warranty so I’d need to pay for it!

[Edited by Moderator]

Jul 23, 2019 3:56 PM in response to Moore93

There was nothing wrong with the watch until you left it with a discharged battery for 3 months. Leaving almost any rechargeable battery deeply discharged for 3 months will kill the battery, and this is a well known limitation of lithium batteries. Your neglect to keep the battery alive has caused the problem.

Fortunately your watch will probably recover after battery service (about $79 if you use US Federal Beer Vouchers or similar in other currencies) so the cost is not unreasonable. Contact Support to have the watch fully diagnosed and a quote for battery replacement.

apple watch series 1 wont turn on/charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.