Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crown not working

My crown turns but does not scroll or eject water . It does work when you press it , so I cannot eject water atm and dare not put it in swim mode as I will not be able to get back off this mode . Any body had this issue

Apple Watch Series 2, 5

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 1:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 3:47 AM

You can check the turn function of the Digital Crown by simply pressing to display the apps grid (or list) then turn the crown, it should scroll or zoom. I suggest a forced reset (reboot) to eliminate software glitches as the first step of self-help, simply press and hold both the Digital Crown and the Side Button (together, at least 10 seconds) until the Apple logo appears, then release the buttons and let the watch reboot. Then check again.

Note that the unlock operation for Water Lock seems to need a fairly enthusiastic turn of the Digital Crown, sometimes 2-3 continuous turns. I usually just spin it between my thumb and forefinger.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2019 3:47 AM in response to Mark08dec

You can check the turn function of the Digital Crown by simply pressing to display the apps grid (or list) then turn the crown, it should scroll or zoom. I suggest a forced reset (reboot) to eliminate software glitches as the first step of self-help, simply press and hold both the Digital Crown and the Side Button (together, at least 10 seconds) until the Apple logo appears, then release the buttons and let the watch reboot. Then check again.

Note that the unlock operation for Water Lock seems to need a fairly enthusiastic turn of the Digital Crown, sometimes 2-3 continuous turns. I usually just spin it between my thumb and forefinger.

Crown not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.