Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music membership changes

why do i lose the music i paid for previously with my membership when i cancel the membership?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 9:44 AM

Well because Apple Music is a SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE. If you don't pay the charge for the subscription, you have no rights to the music you added to your library - hence you "lose" the music.

However, if you are referring to music you "paid" for from the iTunes Store (NOT added through Apple Music), you should still have access to that and should contact iTunes Store Support to see what happened.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2019 9:44 AM in response to musicsupport2323

Well because Apple Music is a SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE. If you don't pay the charge for the subscription, you have no rights to the music you added to your library - hence you "lose" the music.

However, if you are referring to music you "paid" for from the iTunes Store (NOT added through Apple Music), you should still have access to that and should contact iTunes Store Support to see what happened.

apple music membership changes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.