Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant find migrated files on macbook pro

i used migration assistant to transfer from old iMac to new (to me) macbook pro. I can find files that were linked to the admin account on the old iMac, but cannot find documents and files associated with users. Cannot locate any users other than admin in the users section.

is there another place to look, or should I start again.

MacBook

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 10:21 AM

If they are in another folder, rather than your own user account that's because you did not use Migration Assistant the first time you started up your new Mac (while in Setup Assistant) or because you gave your account a new name on the new Mac.

To move those files use the /Shared folder. Move the files into shared and then into your Admin account.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2019 10:21 AM in response to ssjk1a

If they are in another folder, rather than your own user account that's because you did not use Migration Assistant the first time you started up your new Mac (while in Setup Assistant) or because you gave your account a new name on the new Mac.

To move those files use the /Shared folder. Move the files into shared and then into your Admin account.

cant find migrated files on macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.