Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

I have had an apple music account for several years that has tons of my playlists on it. We recently switched phone carriers and with our new service they have included apple music. The new subscription will start on July 27th. Will all of my playlists disappear or does the phone carrier simply take over payment of our previously established apple music?

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 11:11 PM

The new subscription with the mobile provider will ask you to link the Apple ID to your mobile number, to activate the subscription with them. Then you should cancel the previous subscription with Apple. The iCloud Music Library and playlists are linked to your Apple ID, and will be available again with the new subscription (if you get the new subscription within a reasonable time frame).

About bundling Apple Music through mobile phone service providers - Apple Support

• How to link your Apple ID and mobile number
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2019 11:11 PM in response to mermaidandee

The new subscription with the mobile provider will ask you to link the Apple ID to your mobile number, to activate the subscription with them. Then you should cancel the previous subscription with Apple. The iCloud Music Library and playlists are linked to your Apple ID, and will be available again with the new subscription (if you get the new subscription within a reasonable time frame).

About bundling Apple Music through mobile phone service providers - Apple Support

• How to link your Apple ID and mobile number

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.