Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving video clips from iPhone to iCloud

Hi, I have run out of storage on my iPhone - if I delete video clips from my iPhone will they remain on iCloud?

iPhone SE, iOS 11

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 12:44 PM

Yes - iCloud photo is a synchronization service, not an archival storage service. Any changes on any device you use your iCloud account with will be sync’d across iCloud and all other devices.

You will need to transfer some photos off that device before you delete them if you don’t want to lose them - Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2019 12:44 PM in response to Castlegregorygirl

Yes - iCloud photo is a synchronization service, not an archival storage service. Any changes on any device you use your iCloud account with will be sync’d across iCloud and all other devices.

You will need to transfer some photos off that device before you delete them if you don’t want to lose them - Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Saving video clips from iPhone to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.