Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime on iMac doesn

On one of our iMacs, FaceTime does not send video out. It works within our home WiFi network, but not when talking to someone else. So the camera is working fine. I did a FaceTime from one of our iMacs to the one not sending video out, and it worked fine within our home WiFi, sending and receiving both audio and video. But when we call someone else from that iMac, they don't see any video. It works fine from our other iMac, so I don't think it's an issue with the ISP, unless somehow they're blocking a port that the particular iMac is using (although I have no idea how I could diagnose that). Any ideas and what it might be? Thanks.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 1:37 PM

Stanley, let's start with this...

Make a New Location, Using network locations in Mac OS X ...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712

10.5, 10.6, 10.7 & 10.8…

System Preferences>Network, top of window>Locations>Edit Locations, little plus icon, give it a name.

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

Apply.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2019 1:37 PM in response to Stanley Taylor1

Stanley, let's start with this...

Make a New Location, Using network locations in Mac OS X ...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712

10.5, 10.6, 10.7 & 10.8…

System Preferences>Network, top of window>Locations>Edit Locations, little plus icon, give it a name.

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

Apply.

FaceTime on iMac doesn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.