Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find ipv4 address on LTE network

Hello,

I'm looking to find an ipv4 address on LTE network using iphone7 and above. Does anyone has a simple way to find this information.

There is an option call pdp context that tells you the ipv4 address but this only works on iphone6 and not iphone7 and above. You get to this pdp context option by dialing on your iphone *3001#12345#*

Any advise is highly appreciated.

iPhone 7

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 1:49 PM

8 replies

Jul 23, 2019 1:33 PM in response to krabbas81

I'm not aware of a method, since the address is not provided anywhere at the phone level that I know of. The IP address of the phone would be assigned by the carrier's system, and would change depending on where you connected, the same as your IP address differs when being assigned by your router at your home's wi-fi. At least that would be my interpretation of it. As your carrier and see what they say.

Jul 23, 2019 3:16 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

ChrisJ4203 wrote:

Silly me. I've always done that on a computer with a command line in Windows. Never thought about using a browser to get it while on cellular. Today is a great day, I've learned something new! Bless you my friend.

You're welcome. Just as a warning, the IP Google provides is the public IP. Not the network IP.

For cellular, it works because its the only IP you have.

For Wifi/Ethernet, you have the local network IP, and the public facing IP. Its the pubic facing IP the Google provides. While doing something like "ipconfig /all" in terminal will provide the local IPs on the network.

Jul 23, 2019 6:02 PM in response to Phil0124

That I was very aware of, the differences in the public versus the network IP. Again, I'm just learning about Mac as I try out a MacBook Air, and getting used to using Mojave. I don't understand all about Terminal, but it seems to me it is very much like the command prompt in Windows. I was used to DOS in the past, as my first IBM computer and then later IBM compatible devices were on DOS to start with. Thanks for all of these little hints to add to my tool box.

How to find ipv4 address on LTE network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.