Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copying a music folder on iTunes to Iphone

I have a 7-Plus iPhone and can't really sync a music library (folder ) from my iTunes 12.8.2.3 . I no longer can be able to sync selected music folder/s to my phone. instead, copies all content in iTunes. Kindly advise on what need to be done.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 3:04 PM

Instead of relying on your music organization (folders), use the iTunes framework to determine what to sync.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

Another likely problem is the age of your Mac's iTunes. The current iTunes version is 12.9.5.5. Your iTunes may well be too old to communicate to your iOS device.

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2019 3:04 PM in response to keydee2013

Instead of relying on your music organization (folders), use the iTunes framework to determine what to sync.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

Another likely problem is the age of your Mac's iTunes. The current iTunes version is 12.9.5.5. Your iTunes may well be too old to communicate to your iOS device.

Jul 22, 2019 5:38 PM in response to keydee2013

Well, "versatile" is not the way Apple deals with Digital Rights Management, which governs what you can copy, etc.

The particulars for each and every song matter. For example, if you once subscribed to Apple Music and no longer subscribe, you don't own rights to any of the songs you acquired from that expired subscription.

copying a music folder on iTunes to Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.