Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Trust This Computer?' prompt still not appearing after troubleshooting.

Hi, I am trying to connect my iPhone 8 Plus to my MacBook Air 13" with my iPhone's charging cable. At first the issue was that upon connecting, the 'Trust This Computer?' prompt would flash on and off the screen as the charging status on my iPhone flashed on and off. I was unable to press either 'Trust' or 'Don't Trust' on my phone before the notification would disappear and reappear again. To solve this issue, I updated my iPhone to the latest iOS, I updated my computer's OSX and iTunes (plus iTunes Device Support) to the latest version. I have restarted my MacBook and iPhone many, many times and even reset both the 'Location & Privacy' and 'Network' settings on my iPhone 8 Plus.

Nothing has worked. The only thing that has changed, is that instead of the prompt on my iPhone flashing on and off the screen, it simply doesn't appear at all now although the phone still buzzes and the charging status flickers between charging and not charging. My computer still sends me the prompt asking if I want to sync this computer with the other device, the issue is with the iPhone.

Because I have tried all troubleshooting fixes out there to be found, I am hoping that with all these details, someone can get back to me and help fix this issue, because I very much need it to be fixed.

Thank you.

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 3:09 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 23, 2019 10:07 AM in response to Michael_King_

For iOS 12 you need iTunes 12.8.0.150 or better running on OS X 10.11.4 or better. See How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support if required.

Assuming a suitable version of iTunes is in place then in Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

Jul 24, 2019 2:11 AM in response to turingtest2

Hello,

Unfortunately, this has not solved my issue. My OS X is 10.14.6, my iTunes version is 12.9.5.5, my iOS is 12.4, there are no updates to perform. I have opened the folder you provided the directions to -- thank you for that -- and connected my iPhone to my MacBook through the cable, however when I double click on MobileDeviceUpdater, nothing happens. No application bundle launches or anything.

iTunes on my computer still asks "Do you want to allow this computer to access information on this iPhone?" To which I select "Continue" however I am still having my iPhone switch between charging and not charging, and the prompt to trust the computer still doesn't appear! My phone is not recognised, my iPhone won't trust the computer. Is there anything else I can try to fix this problem?

'Trust This Computer?' prompt still not appearing after troubleshooting.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.