Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the device I am using not shown as signed in, when I am signed in?

Explanation?

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 12:16 PM

Where is it showing as not signed in? Are you looking at your device list? Are you using IOS 8 or Yosemite or later?

From the article below.

Add a device to the list

To add a device to the list, you need to sign in with your Apple ID. After you sign in on a device with your Apple ID, that device appears in the list. Here's where you need to sign in:

• For iOS 9 and later, sign in to iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, the iTunes and App Store, or Game Center on the device. You can also see your paired Apple Watch.
  • For iOS 8, sign in to iCloud or the iTunes and App Store on the device. You can also see your paired Apple Watch.
  • For OS X Yosemite and later or Windows 10 and later, sign in to iCloud on the device. 
  • For tvOS 7 and later, sign in to the iTunes and App Store on the device.
  • If any of your devices are using earlier versions of iOS, OS X, or tvOS, you won’t see them in your device list.

Your AirPods will appear in the Find My iPhone app, but they won't appear in your Apple ID device list. You can remove your AirPods from your account using Find My iPhone. 

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2019 12:16 PM in response to HMSheldon

Where is it showing as not signed in? Are you looking at your device list? Are you using IOS 8 or Yosemite or later?

From the article below.

Add a device to the list

To add a device to the list, you need to sign in with your Apple ID. After you sign in on a device with your Apple ID, that device appears in the list. Here's where you need to sign in:

• For iOS 9 and later, sign in to iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, the iTunes and App Store, or Game Center on the device. You can also see your paired Apple Watch.
  • For iOS 8, sign in to iCloud or the iTunes and App Store on the device. You can also see your paired Apple Watch.
  • For OS X Yosemite and later or Windows 10 and later, sign in to iCloud on the device. 
  • For tvOS 7 and later, sign in to the iTunes and App Store on the device.
  • If any of your devices are using earlier versions of iOS, OS X, or tvOS, you won’t see them in your device list.

Your AirPods will appear in the Find My iPhone app, but they won't appear in your Apple ID device list. You can remove your AirPods from your account using Find My iPhone. 

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in

Why is the device I am using not shown as signed in, when I am signed in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.