Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Office 2011 compatibility with High Sierra and Mojave

Will my MS Office 2011 continue to work if I were to upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra or Mojave?

Mac Pro

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 4:49 PM

6 replies

Jul 23, 2019 9:57 PM in response to KiltedTim

Thanks for info that MSOffice 2011 will have problems with High Sierra and Mojave. Have been encouraged to upgrade from Sierra, or to newer MacBook Pro, but not ready to give up Office or learn a new program. I am retired and only use it occasionally now, and its hard enough to keep up with the minor changes from updates and remember the old Excel tricks.

Jul 24, 2019 5:16 AM in response to thbrgpa

This may or may not apply to you... if it does, great, if not, it's an FYI for anyone reading here.

Several years ago, The US Military Exchange opened up online purchasing to all honorably discharged veterans.

MS Office 365 Home (6 licenses) is available through the Exchange at a discount. Several times a year (most notably around the holidays), it goes on sale for $29 for a 1 year subscription. At that price, it's hard to justify purchasing a perpetual license... You can purchase multiple units and stack them up. For the price of a standalone copy of Office 2019, you can get 6 years of Office 365, including a total of 6 TB of OneDrive cloud storage.

Just putting that out there.

Personally, I've tried LibreOffice. I'm not crazy about it, and it's just easier for me to use MS Office, considering how much I have to deal with Office at work.

MS Office 2011 compatibility with High Sierra and Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.