Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Apps not updating

about a week ago my apps stopped updating. When I click on an available update it spins in a circle for a few seconds and then the update button pops back up.

I’ve updated my phone to 12.4 but the problem is persisting.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 7:44 PM

If you can’t download or update apps, or if apps get stuck

If apps don't load or update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, learn what to do.

If you can’t download or update any apps, including free apps, and you see a message about billing or payment, learn what to do.

Some apps might get interrupted while they're downloading. Try these steps:

Connect to Wi-Fi

If you’re using cellular data or Wi-Fi and have issues with an app, try to connect to another Wi-Fi network. You can use cellular data for apps up to 150 MB* in size.

To check your Wi-Fi connection, try streaming a video from the Internet to see if it loads quickly. Get help connecting to Wi-Fi or contact your Internet provider for more help.

If you can't download or update apps, or if apps get stuck - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207165

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2019 7:44 PM in response to Dbeinhar

If you can’t download or update apps, or if apps get stuck

If apps don't load or update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, learn what to do.

If you can’t download or update any apps, including free apps, and you see a message about billing or payment, learn what to do.

Some apps might get interrupted while they're downloading. Try these steps:

Connect to Wi-Fi

If you’re using cellular data or Wi-Fi and have issues with an app, try to connect to another Wi-Fi network. You can use cellular data for apps up to 150 MB* in size.

To check your Wi-Fi connection, try streaming a video from the Internet to see if it loads quickly. Get help connecting to Wi-Fi or contact your Internet provider for more help.

If you can't download or update apps, or if apps get stuck - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207165

iPhone Apps not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.