Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgetting apple ID and password

I was given this ipad 2. The problem is the previous owner couldn't remember the Apple ID and the password, as a result I cannot use this ipad after resetting it. What can I do now?

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 5:03 AM

Give it back to the person who gave you the iPad. If they don't know the Apple ID or Password, you can't use the device.

If they have the original purchase receipt validating they are the original buyer, they can take the iPad to Apple and ask for help. If they don't have the original receipt, Apple won't help them and the device will remain useless.

You can send them the following link for them to try to recover the Apple ID and Password:

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If the previous owner can't get the ID back and they don't have the original purchase receipt, the device can never be used.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2019 5:03 AM in response to sondaubac

Give it back to the person who gave you the iPad. If they don't know the Apple ID or Password, you can't use the device.

If they have the original purchase receipt validating they are the original buyer, they can take the iPad to Apple and ask for help. If they don't have the original receipt, Apple won't help them and the device will remain useless.

You can send them the following link for them to try to recover the Apple ID and Password:

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If the previous owner can't get the ID back and they don't have the original purchase receipt, the device can never be used.

Forgetting apple ID and password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.