Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am being charged for a game I never ordered

I received an email that I ordered some kind of game from Icloud and that I am being charged for it I never ordered this game. I tried to email to cancel it but couldn't I don't know what to do please will someone help me my name is Jean Thank you for any help

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 6:35 AM

It is most likely a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message, as an attachment to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2019 6:35 AM in response to 1_4_

It is most likely a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message, as an attachment to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Jul 24, 2019 6:34 AM in response to 1_4_

Hello Jean,

Most likely, it's a scam. Thousands of similar emails go out daily. The idea is to get the recipient to click on a link to cancel the payment, or verify your account status.

Apple includes no such links in their emails. It would be a crook sending you to a fake Apple site in the attempt of getting your Apple ID and password.

If the email includes any type of attachment, it's guaranteed to be a scam as Apple does not do that.

If you want to check, open iTunes, login to your Apple account and check your purchases. If the supposed game purchase isn't listed, then the email is a scam. If it is there, then someone really did make a purchase on your account.

I am being charged for a game I never ordered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.