Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received an email supposedly from Apple ID people stating my Apple ID was locked due to security reasons and I needed to verify my identity or my account will be disabled. Is this ligitimate?

Is this legitimate, or is it a scam of some sort?

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 7:37 AM

It's fake. Forward it to reportphishing@apple.com as an attachment and then delete it.

If an Apple ID actually gets locked, its owner will be told when they try logging into it instead of through email.

(173179)

3 replies

Jul 24, 2019 7:39 AM in response to bobalooio

It is phishing. Apple does not notify you about locking an Apple ID. You can check to see it is not locked by signing into iCloud.com.

Additionally a message Apple will always address you by your real name, never by your email address or Dear Customer. Also the sent-from address should be @apple.com or @itunes.com Additionally Apple does not send attachments.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Forward it as an attachment to reportphishing@apple.com

I received an email supposedly from Apple ID people stating my Apple ID was locked due to security reasons and I needed to verify my identity or my account will be disabled. Is this ligitimate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.