Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Titles (even after moving the Motion Templates -> Titles folder) - When opening on a New Computer

What is the proper way to transfer Custom Motion Titles along with a project if I don't want to include them in the library file. I want to transfer the FCPX Library (that has video content etc) and then I also ant to transfer tot he Motion Templates Titles Folder separately.

The reason I ask is that when I moved things over I am greeted with a lovely MISSING TITLES graphic even though the same exact titles have been moved over to the new machine.

Steps to Reproduce->

• Use a custom title in a project (in this case Line Lower Third 06)
  • Adjust the settings of the title in the inspector to edit the text, formatting, sizing etc. The title bar title changes to "Intro to Designer Pro - Line Lower Third 06" <- Not sure if this is ok or if this is making the new computer search for the wrong thing.
  • Move the FCPX Library and the Motion Templates - Titles folder to the new computer and when I open it im getting the big missing titles T.

So the question is, is there a step I am missing here? Since the same title is used shouldn't it relink without issue? Is there a way to force it to re-link. I want to pass my FCPX projects along to other users and have them be able to add and edit the same titles as I do, but this seems like a problem.

Mike M

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 12:07 PM

Where is the original title exactly? Where is it in the new machine? Is it in the correct folder structure? Have the Motion Templates and Titles folder been .localized?

Curious why you don't want to embed the custom titles in the library?

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 24, 2019 12:16 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

The original title on my original comp is:

Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨myusername ▸ ⁨Movies⁩ ▸ ⁨Motion Templates⁩ ▸ ⁨Titles⁩ ▸ ⁨90 Lower Thirds 2.1⁩ ▸ ⁨Line Lower Thirds⁩

The new machine title is:

Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨his username ▸ ⁨Movies⁩ ▸ ⁨Motion Templates⁩ ▸ ⁨Titles⁩ ▸ ⁨90 Lower Thirds 2.1⁩ ▸ ⁨Line Lower Thirds⁩

I think this is the correct folder structure no?

I am not sure what .localizing the Motion Templates and Titles folder means.

I've been cautious about including the custom titles in the library as I had heard horror stories of motion templates being corrupted a while back, so now I focus on just video content/media. Might just be urban legends though lol.

Missing Titles (even after moving the Motion Templates -> Titles folder) - When opening on a New Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.