Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAC MINI 2018 MOUSE LAGGING

I have mac mini 3.6ghz i3 16 gb ddr4 , 2 screen

When i bought macmini i bought logitech anywhere 2 bluetooth mouse. It is lagging every 30-60 min , mouse point is jumping from one place to another place , cant control and its giving hard time for 5-10 seconds

i exchanged the bluetooth mouse( with new one same model ) and same thing happened . I turn off the bluetooth bc i have couple bluetooth device in my office so i was thinking may be bc of BT . i only plug usb connection for mouse but still it happened.

I am thinking may be mac mini have defected ? what can it cause this it killing me

Do you have any advise ?

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 1:24 PM

8 replies

Jul 24, 2019 2:09 PM in response to ridvan1907

Sounds like your Mac Mini is working to hard and struggling to keep the UI running smoothly.

Please run an EtraCheck report on your Mac Mini and post back with the results. You can get and use the free version from either the Mac App Store or directly from the developer.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/etrecheck/id1423715984?mt=12

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Jul 26, 2019 12:42 PM in response to ridvan1907

Suddenly about two weeks ago, I began frequently losing the inability to "click" with my cordless Bluetooth mouse (Apple Mighty Mouse). I have two of them and now I have the same problem with both of them. I find that I have to take the time to shut Bluetooth off on my Mac mini (late 2014) and then turn it back on which will often resolve the problem, at least for a few minutes or hours. This is a new problem that started occurring a couple of weeks ago.

Jul 26, 2019 2:31 PM in response to ridvan1907

FWIW. I have a Logitech MX Master 2S mouse that I use with my 2018 Mac mini. Although it is wireless, it does not rely on Bluetooth. Instead, it uses Logitech's Unifying wireless technology. You just insert a small USB dongle in one of your mini's available USB ports to provide the Unifying signal for the mouse. I've never had any issues with mouse lag using this mouse.

MAC MINI 2018 MOUSE LAGGING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.