Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Portable Charger

I have a portable charger with an output of 5V 2.1A. Can I charge my 6 Generation iPod?

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2019 3:44 PM

Good afternoon jmsfmtex,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

Looking at the Apple website under accessories, the power adapters that are compatible with the iPod touch are the 5W USB Power Adapter and the 12W USB Power Adapter, so I would recommend either for your device. You can also plug it into a USB port on your computer to charge as well, but the 12W adapter will provide a faster charge.

Charge your iPhone with an iPad or Mac notebook power adapter (the title doesn't mention the iPod touch, but the article does)

Charge and monitor the iPod touch battery

Apple Lithium-ion Batteries

Enjoy your day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2019 3:44 PM in response to jmsfmtex

Good afternoon jmsfmtex,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

Looking at the Apple website under accessories, the power adapters that are compatible with the iPod touch are the 5W USB Power Adapter and the 12W USB Power Adapter, so I would recommend either for your device. You can also plug it into a USB port on your computer to charge as well, but the 12W adapter will provide a faster charge.

Charge your iPhone with an iPad or Mac notebook power adapter (the title doesn't mention the iPod touch, but the article does)

Charge and monitor the iPod touch battery

Apple Lithium-ion Batteries

Enjoy your day!

Portable Charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.