Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

European iMac 4K 2017 works in America?

I recently moved from Europe to America and I wanted to know if my iMac 4K 21”5 (2017) works in America?

and if it works do I have to buy an adaptor or a new cable?

Thanks

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2019 7:56 AM

You will simply need a new cable or plug adapter as suggested. To confirm... If you look at "About This Mac" (the 1st item under the Apple Logo menu at the top left of your screen), then select the "Support" tab, then "Specifications" you will see after scrolling down the web page that opens, the "Electrical and Operating Requirements" of your Mac. Mine shows "Line Voltage: 100-240V AC". Typical US line voltage is 120V AC.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2019 7:56 AM in response to Albe187um

You will simply need a new cable or plug adapter as suggested. To confirm... If you look at "About This Mac" (the 1st item under the Apple Logo menu at the top left of your screen), then select the "Support" tab, then "Specifications" you will see after scrolling down the web page that opens, the "Electrical and Operating Requirements" of your Mac. Mine shows "Line Voltage: 100-240V AC". Typical US line voltage is 120V AC.

Jul 25, 2019 7:56 AM in response to Albe187um

European iMac 4K 2017 works in America?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.