Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 home button not working but Touch ID works

So I recently accidentally dropped my iPhone 8 in water for probably a second, tops. Everything was working normally for a solid 20 minutes after. Then, my home button started to require me to press harder and now it is not working at all. Touch ID still works fine. Since it is water resistant and my phone shows no other signs of water damage, what is happening and how can I fix it?

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2019 2:10 AM

Your Home button could be damaged (Touch ID sensor could still work since it's only a matter of resting your finger on that button, without pressing it). Make an appointment at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider and have your device inspected. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options:

Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2019 2:10 AM in response to Margarets243

Your Home button could be damaged (Touch ID sensor could still work since it's only a matter of resting your finger on that button, without pressing it). Make an appointment at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider and have your device inspected. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options:

Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

iPhone 8 home button not working but Touch ID works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.